Length: 2 weeks to 4 months
ISS offers an intensive Swahili training program that is tailored to the needs of each and every student. The curriculum ranges from 2 weeks to 4 months long. Students are immediately encouraged to start speaking from the first day as instructors provide a solid foundation in phonics, grammar, and vocabulary for them. The school operates on a rotating schedule so that students can learn from a range of teaching styles.
|Photo Credit: Naphtali Kate|
Ratio remains a maximum of 1:5, so that students can have as much one-on-one time with teachers as possible. Class is in session Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. There is an opportunity to have a “tea break” at 10:30 a.m.
- Special Visitors
- Traditional style cooking days
- Dancing and Singing
Benefits of Homestays:
- Allows the student to practice language ability
- Allows the student to know what they need to practice more on
- Gives cultural context to the learning
- Allow students to make valuable relationships, which will be necessary for working in Tanzania